Friday, May 9, 2008

Board Certified Pediatric Dentist

It seems like some time ago that I took the actual test, but I finally got the results of my board exam back. I passed!

"What does this mean?" you ask. It is basically a “feather in my cap” as my college cross country coach would often say (he was always speaking in clichés).

It means I climbed the mountain because it was there. It means I am a glutton for punishment. It means I love pediatric dentistry so much I am willing to study over 200 scientific articles and then take a test on my ability to recall their publication date, authors, and content just to qualify. Then I studied hard (again), went before peer examiners, and took a two hour oral exam to demonstrate my mastery of pediatric dental concepts.

It means I am proud to be one of the the members of my profession crazy enough to subject himself to such a thing and pass.

2 comments:

GraceFullMom said...

Yay! We're proud of you, Doc. And proud to call you our dentist! :)

Dr. Gary Myers said...

Thanks!